FUNdamentals 1 & 2 Upcoming dates
Option 1 June 28th through July 1st Thursday through Sunday 4 days in a row 9am-5pm
AntiGravity® Yoga Teacher Training is for those who want to teach others to fly or for people that have gotten taste of the air and want a daily home practice. The comprehensive course curriculum is a thorough, well-tested suspension fitness technique. As the originators in the genre, it is the only aerial yoga program approved by US governing fitness organizations AFAA and ACE. (note: AGY trainings count as AFAA and ACE continuing education credits in the US.
Fundamentals 1 & 2 are the foundation for all AntiGravity® Aerial Fitness courses. Although offered separately, they must be taken combined. After the 4-day course, you will be able to teach 3 specific classes to your students right away. This course will open the doors for you to continue your education in either AntiGravity® Aerial Yoga, or AntiGravity® Suspension Fitness as well as any of our Specialty (Secondary) courses.
AntiGravity Fundamentals 1
Discover the power, excitement and pure joy of moving freely in all directions of open space with a proven step-by-step technique created by AntiGravity founder and silk hammock inventor Christopher Harrison. Learn all you need to know to safely teach a complete “Decompression Session” class that includes zero-compression inversions. This 2 day foundational course in aerial fitness training is a prerequisite for AG Fundamentals 2 and all other Trainings using the Harrison AntiGravity Hammock.
AntiGravity Fundamentals 2
The discovery expands in this 2 day foundational aerial fitness training course with many more new movement sequences. These new sequences combined with different wraps, inversions & spotting techniques generate 3 solid class designs. Both AG Fundamentals 1 & 2 are required before moving on to AG Aerial Yoga, AG Suspension Fitness and/or any AG Specialty Course on the Harrison AntiGravity Hammock
Prior to any AntiGravity Training registration:
Understand and adhere to all "Contraindications".
Understand full participation of all training days is required.
Understand no guests or video recording are allowed during training.
Cost of certification: $ 1,200.00
Minimum requirements: We do not require any specific certification. You should have a good understanding of the body and be comfortable teaching in front of a class. Flexibility, coordination, core strength are a plus.
Other requirements for the program: a good sense of humor and the wish to explore new boundaries. Mostly.... a wish to FLY!
For bookings contact: info@thehangoutAGF.com
Where to Begin
Step One is to be trained in AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2. This a total of four (4) days with two days for AG Fundamentals 1 and two days for AG Fundamentals 2. These four days, along with an online Readiness Assessment and an online Self-Test, prepare you to teach classes to the public. Completing AG Fundamentals 1 & 2 means you are a Certified Level One AntiGravity Fitness Instructor who is capable of presenting three solid class variations of AG Fitness techniques which includes a powerful Decompression class.
- Upon payment in full of your course fee, you are sent a file or link containing some educational materials and documents. These are simply meant to help you understand some basic concepts and get you better prepared for the classroom experience.
- Upon studying this information, you must take a Readiness Assessment test online. This test should ideally be taken prior to attending the AG Fundamentals 1 & 2 courses, but may also be taken during or even after the course. You have a maximum of six months in which to complete all course requirements.
- You must attend all hours of the AG Fundamentals 1 & 2 courses.
- You must show knowledge of the materials by taking an on-line Self-Test which will focus on safety and teaching presentation.
- When you have successfully completed all course requirements you will become a “Certified Level One AG Fitness instructor”. Only then will you show up on our official AntiGravity Fitness website as “active”.